It’s summer and I’m noticing that I’m starting to look for even more products that may work for my many changing faces of lupus. I’m a Mary Kay girl at heart. I’ll tell you more about my faves later. For right now, after trying a Rodan + Fields recommendation from a friend, I must add a few more of their products on my hot summer hit list. So I asked Meredith, a Rodan + Fields Consultant, what she thought would be worth my wild to explore. I liked the experience so much that she said I can share this with you! Here’s what Meredith noted:
What intrigued me about this company was that we offer products to meet your skin’s needs. Here are a couple ideas to think about, especially during the summer months when the sun is strong and not so forgiving:
- If dryness is a concern, check out our Soothe regimen, which targets redness and irritation due to sensitivity. Personally, I use the regimen on my one-year-old and it has taken care of the patches of eczema she gets. Plus, the Soothe Mineral Sunscreen is strong, has SPF 30 and is mineral-based – often when she wets her face in the bath I can still see it. Fortunately the Gentle Cream Wash takes it off.
- If you want a great moisturizer with a SPF 30 that also targets anti-aging, look no further than the Redefine Triple Defense Treatment Broad Spectrum SPF 30. I use this during all seasons – it’s not too heavy for the summer while keeping my face hydrated during the winter. Frankly, the Redefine regimen is my go-to, and the Overnight Restorative Cream is, as my mother says, like silk. And you know mothers do not lie.
- If you have oily skin and sunscreen causes you to breakout, consider the Unblemish Oil Control Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 20. It has the SPF, and is meant for those experiencing active or occasional breakouts.
- If you’re good about covering up, but in the past you haven’t been so diligent and now are dealing with sunspots, or your children left you with melasma, check out our Reverse regimen. The fourth step is a Broad Spectrum 50+ Sunscreen – something I swear by at the beach.
- Lastly, we cannot forget about your lips. Use the Essentials Lip Shield Broad Spectrum 25 by day, and follow it up with the Redefine Lip Renewing Serum overnight and chapped, cracked, sunburnt lips will be a thing of the past.
If you’re not sure what’s right for you, you can take two minutes to answer seven questions in the Solutions Tool. If you click next a few times once you’re done and email the results to yourself, we can determine what makes the most sense for you, your skin and your lifestyle. One other thing – we have a great Preferred Customer program, a flexible replenishment program that gets you 10% off of all orders and free shipping on orders of $80 or more. I’d be happy to explain that, answer any questions and get you started on products that produce results and make sense for you and your skin!